Melody

ISBN-13: 9780751557602
Publisher: Sphere
Publication Date: August 2015
Format: Paperback, 464 pgs
Source: Purchased



I enjoyed reading the first two books of the Cainsville series, and needless to say I "devoured" it the moment it arrived in mail. I wanted to know how Olivia Jones goes about finding the truth surrounding her birth parents being serial killers, as well as her relationship between Gabriel Walsh and Ricky Gallagher. The former used to represent her parents during the trial but is now Olivia’s boss as they began to work together to unravel the truth behind her parents' crimes. Olivia thinks Gabriel is a man of steel who is void of emotions but the more they work together the more she is convinced he is not really the person she thinks he is. As for the latter, Ricky is the son of a bikers gang leader who has the looks and brains as well. He and Olivia fell for each other badly in the previous installment and readers are able to see their relationship just escalates in this installment. But that is not all, Gabriel begins to feel some emotions towards Olivia and although they are hardly romantic, readers will see a new side of Gabriel and how the three of them are somewhat connected to an age old folklore surrounding faes, huntsmen and other fantastical creatures alike. 

Aside from being troubled by her ex-fiancé, Olivia will also find some shocking answers concerning her birth parents and the real reasons of the crimes they had committed. Truth be told, there are a lots of things happening in this installment and Olivia sees a lot more visions than before that leaves her baffled and more determined to unravel the truth about her birth parents and her identity as well. 

A much as I enjoyed this installment and found it satisfying for more answers being revealed, there are multiple plot lines here which had my mind spinning in various directions; ranging from Olivia’s ex-fiancé obsessive stalking, the relationship and conflicts between the faes world and finally the motivation behind Olivia’s birth parents' murders. That said, I was quite satisfied to note some little change in Gabriel, emotionally wise. He had a rough childhood and it would be good to see him get out of his tortured emotional shell, slowly. 

I wasn't sure if there would be an intense triangle love entanglement in the future but at the rate now it is always interesting to see how these three characters interact with one another, and how Olivia connects with them individually.

4 Responses
  1. jenclair Says:

    I really loved the first one, but the next two, not so much. Won't stop me from reading the next one, though!


  2. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - I loved the first book too. I've to admit it has taken me aback after learning that the directions shifted after reading the second book but still it was an enjoyable read.


  3. Hi, Melody! I know I've said it before, but I am looking forward to reading this series. This sounds like quite a busy book, with everything going on.


  4. Melody Says:

    Wendy - I hope you'll enjoy reading this series as much as I did, Wendy. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.