Melody

I love a good medical thriller. Most of all, it is actor Joo Won who had me drawn to this drama. His role in Good Doctor had left a very deep impression on me. In that drama, he was autistic but was discovered to have a genius-level memory and spatial skills. He eventually enters the paediatric surgery field as a resident for a few months to prove his capability, but due to his medical condition he was often being questioned not only from his patients but from his peers as well. As he had admitted in an interview with a local entertainment magazine (an English translation of the article by a fan) lately, that role was his most challenging thus far and I thought he had portrayed that role very well and convincingly, too. 

Anyway, back to this drama he was cast as a doctor too but this time round, he is Kim Tae-hyun, a talented surgeon but due to a desperate need to fund more money for his sister's medical bills, he adopts a code name "Yong Pal" to take house calls for patients such as gangsters, criminals  and other corrupt plutocrats who are in need of medical attention but couldn't do so publicly. Back in the hospital, he stumbles unknowingly with a team of corrupt medical practitioners to "rescue" Hanshin Corporation's heiress, Han Yeo-jin (starring Kim Tae-hee), who was in coma for three years but in fact was medically induced so she couldn't take over the Corporation her late father left her but her half-brother, Han Do-joon (starring Jo Hyun-jae), who is her legal guardian. When Tae-hyun finally discovers what he is into, he decides to rescue Yeo-jin and there begins a battle for power and revenge. 


Once again, I marvelled at Joo Won's wonderful acting skills here. His role as Tae-hyun might viewed as a "money bug" in this drama but he is still a righteous and responsible doctor who would treat anyone - good or bad, rich or poor. He is a simple-minded person who loves life and nature and although he eventually fell for Yeo-jin, he doesn't crave for title or wealth but has asked her to follow him instead. 

As much as I loved the premise and the characterisations, I felt the ending was a little abrupt but overall it was still a great one and I think it is because Joo Won plays a big part in it. Yes, I think I have found a new idol. 




I will be taking a short break off of blogging so I won't be blog hopping and commenting but please feel free to leave your comments and I will reply to them once I am back. Meanwhile, I am going to read more books and spend more time with my family since it is the school holidays. I hope you have a great month in December, reading or family wise! 

(All photo credits to Google Image)
4 Responses
  1. Have a wonderful break, Melody, and a Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    This sounds like it would be an intense movie. I haven't seen too many medical thrillers, but I think I would like this one.


  2. The Bookworm Says:

    Happy Holidays Melody! xoxo


  3. Melody Says:

    Wendy - Thank you, Wendy! Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

    I enjoyed this drama so much! Of course I need to look out for more Joo Won's dramas after this. ;-)


  4. Melody Says:

    Naida - Happy Holidays to you, Naida! :-)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.