Melody


Yes. I had just learned that someone has been taking and re-publishing contents from my blog without my permission and post them as their own (this is the blog in question: http://readingmelody.blogspot.sg/

As of writing this I have checked that their latest update was in February 2016 and that their posts always dated one day before my original posts.) And most of all they didn't even change the blog name and decided to use mine, too. While it is flattering to have your work recognised, copying and re-publishing other people's work is totally uncool and definitely the wrong thing to do

Through this post, I want my friends and readers to know that all my original posts come through this link: https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/ 

However, I am not sure if feeds are affected though and I would appreciate it if you could feed back to me.


Labels: , edit post
12 Responses
  1. jenclair Says:

    Whoa! That is pretty creepy.


  2. I am so sorry, Melody! This really stinks. I am not sure if this will help, but if you decide to pursue it, here is a link to try to get the content removed: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/find-remove-stolen-content/. I'm not sure if it's country specific.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    What nerve! Also, it's illegal, so pursue the removal of their content and shut them down! I'm sure your loyal followers won't be affected by this imitation, but still....


  4. Lark Says:

    That's terrible! I'm so sorry. I can't comprehend the kind of person who would do that, or why. I hope you're able to get this taken care of, although I wouldn't even know where to begin.


  5. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - Not only it is creepy but an infringement, too!!

    Wendy - Thanks so much for the link, Wendy! I'll have a look at it.

    Rita - Thanks so much for your support, Rita! I really appreciate it.

    Lark - I can't comprehend that person's purpose of doing so, too. Why copy other people's blog when you can write your own, right?


  6. Unknown Says:

    thank you for your great post Sakura Beauty


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Boooo, that sucks! But they've stopped it now, right? February 2016 and then they stopped?


  8. Melody Says:

    Jenny - Well I'm not sure if they'll continue doing so in future - copying and re-publishing again. I just can't fathom everything. And yes, it sucks!


  9. Iliana Says:

    That stinks, Melody! I don't understand people who do that. I double-checked your feed and I do have the correct one. I remember someone hacked my blog one time and it was so unnerving. Luckily I caught it quickly and was able to change everything but still, not a good feeling.


  10. Melody Says:

    Iliana - Yes, it really boggles my mind! I'm glad you caught the hack quickly. This hacking/copying problem continues to be an issue on the blogosphere and it seems to happen all the time!


  11. The Bookworm Says:

    What a pain. This does happen however and it happened to me years ago where someone stole and republished my posts. Pictures and all. I heard that adding the "read more" option on your posts deters the hacks.


  12. Melody Says:

    Naida - Yes, it's a pain. I've absolutely no idea why some people are doing this. I need to find out more about that "read more" option. Thanks, Naida!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.