Melody

This drama tells a story between two characters living in two different worlds and will most likely appeal to comics fans since the plot is set in the reality world and the comics world as well. 

Oh Yeon-joo (starring Han Hyo-joo) works as a surgeon and her father is a popular comics artist. His project "W" has garnered lots of attention and praises from many fans both online and in print. The character he created in "W" is a wealthy and good-looking man named Kang Chul (starring Lee Jong-suk) and is a skilled marksman. He was also an Olympics winner but that glory was taken away from him after he was a suspect for murdering his family members. His last appearance in the comics world saw him lying on the ground bathed in blood, apparently being assaulted by someone who wanted him dead. 



On the other end in reality world, Yeon-joo's father is missing and while searching for his whereabouts she stumbles into the comics world and found the injured Kang Chul. She managed to save him and later learned that he is the lead character her father created in "W" after she finds herself back in the reality world. 

Filled with mystery, action and romance, W (aka W - Two Worlds) was one intriguing fantasy which had me at the edge of my seat. Aside from the refreshing concept of having the comics world co-exist with the reality world, I was also quite fascinated by actor Jong-suk's portrayal of the charismatic Kang Chul and the mystery surrounding him (by the way, I loved the illustrations! See above.) While one may have to pay extra attention to what's happening between the two worlds, it didn't really create much confusions, at least not to me. There are some scenes which took me by surprise and of course there are also a few romantic scenes which would make female viewers' hearts flutter. Chemistry sizzled between Jong-suk and Hyo-joo and it made me wonder if their romantic relationship onscreen continues offscreen as well. Overall I enjoyed the drama. I had also watched an older drama starring Lee Jong-suk and review will be forthcoming.

(Above images credit to Google Images)


 
(Love Is and my TBR pile)

Jong Wen Books Co., Ltd | August 2016
Source: Purchased

Love Is was featured in W as we saw Yeon-joo showing Kang Chul a few things they could do together to make their life more colourful and meaningful. Illustrated by Korean artist Da-mi Park (Puuung), this is a great collection especially for married couples and although some of them are a few simple things we may be doing daily, the artist added some thoughts and sentiments alongside these illustrations which I felt makes this book such a wonderful read. There are two editions (Korean and Chinese) and I am hoping that there would be an English edition in the near future. 



© 2016 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
4 Responses
  1. jenclair Says:

    :) I've added this one to my list--which I mentioned in the letter to you I wrote yesterday! I love the mix of "real" life and the comic world.


  2. Iliana Says:

    I love that last picture you posted. This does sound good!


  3. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - I hope you'll enjoy this one as much as I did. Can't wait for your letter! :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Iliana - I love seeing all the illustrations. Hope there will be an English edition.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.