Melody
Mira | March 2017 | 400 pgs
Source: Library




Do you love stories about lighthouse? Tiffany Reisz's The Night Mark not only has a lighthouse setting during the 1920s at a quaint beach town in South Carolina and also it was an intriguing story about a woman's destiny after she discovered the crumbling yet beautiful Bride Island lighthouse and the legend surrounding it. 

In present time 2015, thirty-year-old Faye Barlow has been living her life filled with regrets and remorse after she's lost her husband, Will, to a car-jacking accident. Her remarriage was a failure since she couldn't love the man who is Will's best friend. Even four years after Will's passing, Faye still thinks of him everyday and she knew no man will ever replace him in her heart. When a job offer comes along to photograph South Carolina's storied coast, she accepts it since that is the only thing that keeps her going. 

In the quaint beach town, she has her eyes set on the crumbling Bride Island lighthouse. Left deserted, she hears that there is a sad story surrounding the lighthouse; that the lighthouse keeper's daughter was drowned in 1921. Faye is drawn to this young lady named Faith Morgan, and one night of visiting the lighthouse has dragged her into the past after she is struck by a rogue wave. There, Faye encounters the lighthouse keeper who looks very much like Will. His name is Carrick Morgan and Faye feels a connection with him. Is this a sign about Will's promise to her that he'd take care of her for as long as she lives? Or is it even possible to love two men separated by time? 

The Night Mark is a wonderful time travel love story that tugged at my heartstrings. While I was very much invested in Faye's story, the Bride Island lighthouse setting and the 1921 timeline are another elements which had me drawn to this story. The author has done a great job in capturing the feel of the 1920s as we see Faye trying to adjust her life as she come to live like Faith Morgan's. Like Faye, I was easily attracted to Carrick due to his gentlemanly and his upright demeanours. Most of all, I was intrigued as in how this story would end; after all what is Faye supposed to do under such complicated circumstances? This is a novel not to be missed if you love a good time travel love story.



Well have you voted for the book I've to read during my vacation next week? If you haven't already, I'd appreciate it if you could take some time and help me with the selection (click here). It's so hard to pick which book to read among the list and this is where you come in and decide for me. :-)


© 2017 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
7 Responses
  1. jenclair Says:

    The light house and the South Carolina coast would be enough to draw me in!


  2. The Bookworm Says:

    I love Tiffany Reisz's work! I have this one on my wishlist. It sounds so good and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review! And enjoy your vacation!


  3. Lark Says:

    Quaint beach towns and lighthouses will make me want to read a book every time. The time travel aspect is an added bonus. :D


  4. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - Both are great elements which had me drawn to this book. :)


  5. Melody Says:

    Naida - This is my Tiffany Reisz book and it won't be my last. I love her writing and her storytelling. I'll be sure to check out her other books.


  6. Melody Says:

    Lark - Yes, there's something about lighthouses, isn't it? I hope you'll enjoy this if you do read it. :)


  7. Iliana Says:

    I'm really into beach settings right now so this would be right up my alley! Sounds like a wonderful read.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.