Melody

Harlequin | September 2017 | 256 pgs
Source: Library


What a delightful read this is, set in a snow-covered country ranch in Wyoming.

Raine McCall is a simple, free spirited woman who lives in Mustang Creek with her daughter, Daisy; a dog named Samson and a Maine coon cat named Mr. Bojangles. The day before Christmas Eve, she receives an email from Mick Branson who proposed a dinner with her to discuss a work opportunity as well as to catch up on old times. Mick is a hotshot movie executive and he had worked with her ex-boyfriend, Slater Carson, on a documentary featuring the historical and the present Mustang Creek. Since no eateries will open on Christmas Eve, Mick will go to Raine's place and discuss the plans over her homecooked chili cheeseburgers and a bottle of wine. Raine has no problem having Mick at close proximity, after all they are friends and most of all they are different in so many ways. She is more of a country girl while Mick lives a sophisticated lifestyle given his status and his work. Surely there wouldn't be any romantic sparks between them.

On the other end, Mick is finding an opportunity to spend more time with Raine aside from the business talk. He also likes the serene ambience and the beauty nature of Mustang Creek which allows him some distance from his busy life. Despite their differences, Mick is attracted by Raine's simplicity and her straightforwardness and he is interested in a relationship with her but is Raine willing to give him a chance?

With a beautiful snow-covered setting and an interesting cast of characters, A Snow Country Christmas is a delightful read filled with many heartwarming moments. For starters, I was captivated by the beauty of Mustang Creek through the author's detailed description. Living in a small country with summer all year around, I could only imagine the beauty of winter through books and pictures and not to mention choosing a place during the year end for our vacation, if possible.

Back to the book, this was a light read with lots of warm moments and the sentimental value of friends and family as there is absolutely no conflicts to the story (not that I wished there was but everything was nice and perfect here; even Raine's relationship with his ex-boyfriend and his wife was a cordial one and they were often kept in touch and still visited each other's house occasionally.) The relationship between Raine and Mick may seemed to progress a bit fast to me but I suppose it is because they have been friends earlier and that this is a holiday romance after all. A lovely read during this festive period and this will mark as my last book review of the year. I'll be taking a short break off of blogging until the end of the year but I do have two posts scheduled for next week for my top twelve reads of 2017.

Last but not least, here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


© 2017 Melody's Reading Corner (https://mel-reading-corner.blogspot.sg/), All Rights Reserved. If you are reading this post from other site(s), please take note that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.
8 Responses
  1. Lark Says:

    I'm excited to see your top twelve reads of 2017...and I hope you enjoy your holidays! :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Lark - :) Happy holidays to you!


  3. jenclair Says:

    I might have to check this one out because I lived in Wyoming when I was small and still dream about it!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Melody!


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    Hi Mel, I used to read Linda Lael Miller and I enjoyed her books. I read A Creed Country Christmas which was nice. This one sounds good as well, I like holiday reads. :) Happy Holidays to you and your family!


  5. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - I hope you'll enjoy this one if you read it.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Jenclair!


  6. Melody Says:

    Naida - Me too. I used to read her books and a few others back when I was into romance and nothing else (not that I don't now and it depends more on my mood.)

    Happy holidays to you and your family, Naida!


  7. Iliana Says:

    I've been reading several romance reviews recently and now with yours I feel like I'm in the mood for a good romance novel - this sounds really sweet!

    Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Melody!


  8. Melody Says:

    Iliana - Festive season calls for holiday romances.

    Merry Christmas, Iliana!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.